HGV Driver- Romford
Job Reference: 24661
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A HGV Driver is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring equipment is delivered and collected in a safe, professional and timely manner to enable customers to meet their objectives.
- When not driving help around the service centre.
- You will be responsible for adhering to all health and safety guidelines, including wearing PPE at all times.
- Adhering with driving hours and working time directive
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- As the public face of A Plant you will be well presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- You will comply with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- It is essential that you have good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence. You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail.
- It would be highly desirable if you are an experienced, hands-on candidate and hold the relevant qualifications including IOSH, First Aid, CSCS
- Ability to manage time well
- Full Driving Licence required
- Class 2 HGV Licence required
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.