HGV Class 2 Driver- Tavistock
Job Reference: 26246
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Leada Acrow supplies products for Hire or Sale for all your Temporary Works requirements, including Formwork, Falsework and Groundworks systems plus Edge Protection and Facade Retention/HD Propping systems, which is a division of A-Plant is one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies. A FTSE 100 company which offers superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment and scope for progression, we are an employer of choice too
Our culture is fast paced, friendly and empowering. With a history of growth and with plans to redefine excellence within the equipment rental industry, our business is going from strength to strength. We provide our customers with the tools they need to do a great job and with training opportunities, scope for progression, and plenty of support on offer, it is fair to say that our people are just as well-equipped.
Roles and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the delivery and collection of all hire equipment, adhering to all health and safety guidelines.
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be required to unload and load the lorry with equipment both on customer sites and within the yard.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- You will be required to carry out duties within the yard when needed.
- As the public face of A Plant you will be well presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- You will comply with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- It is essential that you have good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence. You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail.
- It would be highly desirable if you are an experienced, hands-on candidate and hold the relevant qualifications including IOSH, First Aid, CSCS
- Class 2 HGV Licence
- ALLIMI Trained
- Hiab Licence (Desirable)
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.