Yard Foreman- Tavistock
Job Reference: 26247
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Leada Acrow supplies products for Hire or Sale for all your Temporary Works requirements, including Formwork, Falsework and Groundworks systems plus Edge Protection and Facade Retention/HD Propping systems, which is a division of A-Plant is one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies. A FTSE 100 company which offers superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment and scope for progression, we are an employer of choice too
Our culture is fast paced, friendly and empowering. With a history of growth and with plans to redefine excellence within the equipment rental industry, our business is going from strength to strength. We provide our customers with the tools they need to do a great job and with training opportunities, scope for progression, and plenty of support on offer, it is fair to say that our people are just as well-equipped.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be responsible for running the busy Workshop and team of Fitters to ensure that all targets are achieved and customers are satisfied with the Service. Tasks will include;
- Responsible for maintaining equipment worth more than £1m.
- Places orders for spares and consumables in line with Company authorisation limits remaining within monthly and annual budgets.
- Prioritise the repair of equipment that is scheduled to go on-hire or is routinely in high demand by ensuring that no more than 5% of hireable assets are on repair at any one time.
- Ensure that all Pre-Hires are completed in a timely manner in line with customer order requirements
- Directly manages a team of Fitters being responsible for their performance and conduct at work.
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who –
- Experience of maintaining relevant equipment in a workshop environment
- Experience of managing a team of employees in a workshop environment
- Experience of achieving targets and working within a set budget
- Good communication skills and IT literate
- Knowledge of formwork, false work and groundwork (Advantegeous)
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.