Engineering Design Trainee
Job Reference: Trainee
Leada Acrow is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of formwork, falsework and groundwork systems for hire to the construction industry, delivering local solutions through a national service. We also supply Edge Protection Systems and Heavy Duty Shoring and Support (HDSS).
We are currently recruiting for Temporary Works Design Office/Civil Engineering trainees to join us in September 2018 to embark on our 2 year HNC programme.
Roles and responsibilities
Based in one of our Engineering Technical Centres, working with the Design Team, you’ll learn how to process customer enquiries from the initial design concept stage, right through to working drawings, product take off and eventually supervision on site. Using the latest Auto-Cad technology, estimating software and application of all the up to date codes of practice, formwork/falsework guides to good practice and relevant health and safety documentation. Working as part of a small team you will also learn about Leada Acrow products and their applications, as well as those of our business partner MEVA, one of Germany’s rapidly expanding formwork/falsework companies.
As well as in house training we will also support you through an HNC level qualification in Civil Engineering, which is recognised throughout the construction industry.
- A-levels or equivalent level of education
- Interest in the built environment or construction
- Able to communicate clearly
- Self-motivated and committed to self-development
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to organise work to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
Candidates who already have an HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Construction need not apply.
- the training and support you need to develop a skilled career.
- an industry leading salary which increases each year
- 23 holidays per year (excluding Bank Holidays)